Five Fat Quarter Fun {Fresh Eggs}

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Hello!  Today I have a free quilt pattern for ya!


This pattern was a done in collaboration with my cute friend, Amanda, aka Jedi Craft Girl.  We first met in Salt Lake City at Spring Quilt Market 2016.  I thought she was just the sweetest, cutest gal ever and wished we lived closer so we could hang out more!  When I noticed from Instagram that we were both in St. George, Utah for the Thanksgiving holiday we decided to meet up!  She had my little family over for pie (so sweet) and then we made time for a little fabric retail therapy the next day.

[Amanda and Amber @ Quilted Works in St. George, Utah]

I can't take a whole lot of credit for this 5 Fat Quarter Fun project.  Amanda wanted to do a project using just 5 fat quarters so we picked out some fabrics together while we were in St. George.  Then she came up with the design and wrote the pattern.  I looked it over but was mostly just there for the ride!


I love these big 15" blocks and the happy colors!


 And I just so happened to have had this vintage fabric in my stash that was my grandmothers!  It's a little hard to tell but the fat quarters we used have eggs, chicken wire and milk jugs on them so I just HAD to use this fabric for the back!
 

I think this size quilt would make a great little baby quilt or wall hanging.  And it whips up really quick!  If you'd like the FREE pattern, head on over to Amanda's blog (click HERE).  We're hoping to do some more of these little 5 Fat Quarter Fun projects in the near future.  Maybe next time it'll be my turn to design!  

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Amber

11 comments:

  1. Thanks you for making and sharing this with us! Your little quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Imagine a whole quilt of these blocks- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. Love little quilts :)! So glad for your fun with Amanda! Thank you for sharing this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little one quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing! Fabulous backing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! And how perfect is that backing fabric!!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! And how perfect is that backing fabric!!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you
    You have a great site

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber