First Day of School

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What am I going to do with myself?
These little kiddos headed off to school today and I've got more time on my hands than I know what to do with.  Actually, I know I will stay quite busy but I am going to miss them!  It's going to be very quiet around here from the hours of 9:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday thru Friday.


I tried and tried but this was the best picture I could get of Thing 1.
Can you tell that he's not thrilled about having his picture taken?  I was trying not to become the "embarrassing mom" so I didin't push it :)  Now that I think of it though, I didn't even get a hug before he left.  We'll have to make up for that later!

 

And this little one is really excited to be going into the 1st grade!  She's my sensitive girl so I hope she does o.k. making new friends.  Oh, they're both growing up so fast.  I'm kind of bummed...

So I tried to be crafty last night and make a little gift for their teachers for the first day of school.  I found the original idea while I was playing around on Pinterest the other day.  I was inspired and "pinned" the picture and link away on my pin boards just in case.


The girls from Bee In Our Bonnet (a really cute craft blog) originally shared the idea on their blog last August.  Their survival kits were so cute!!   I just had to copy!  (Theirs are much cuter as I started shopping for the supplies for mine at about 9 o'clock last night and was making labels until 3 o'clock this morning.  There's nothing like last minute...)


This little survival kit is full of goodies a teacher might need on the first day of school. Just a little somethin' to let her know we're thankful for her!


Don't you just love Pinterest though? It's so fun and sooo addicting!
I love that all of my favorites are in one place, organized into categories
(like "my dream home", "quilt love", "sweet treats", etc.)
with little pictures and the links to each one. 
If you want to check out my pinboards, click here.

So, are you addicted yet? 

10 comments:

  1. I am a teacher myself and I would L.O.V.E. to get a present like this! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe it is time for school again. They look so cute headed off for classes.

    I love the teacher idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Lucky teachers. Your children are adorable.

    Ricci

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah you guys start early!
    My kids start the middle of next week... All three for the first time ever. I've homeschooled until now. Time alone... that will be unreal after 12 years at home with them! ;) Happy stitching
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope they had a great day today!

    p.s.
    a gal was in today buying fabric to make your candy heart quilt! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are super cute Amber! I love pinterest too -- soooooo much to pin! (Your kids are adorable too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just started on pinterest a couple of days ago and i love how easy it is to pin my favorites. much easier than a ton of bookmarks!

    i hope you all had a great 1st day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep... love the kit idea & I may just copy it. #1 looks so grown-up and #2 is just cute. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to teach school and would have loved a gift like that. What a thoughtful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorably cute! Getting SO BIG! I don't doubt that Maya will have friends galore.....she's so sweet, friendly and kind. Can't wait to hear how the 1st day went. XoXo

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber