Oh, the soft chewy goodness!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

So, raise your hand if you love Rice Krispie Treats, but hate when they get hard 15 minutes after making them. Me too! I love these things and have been known to finish off a whole batch by myself! Not in one sitting, but over, say about a 12 hour time period. Follow these guidelines and they will be perfect for at least a couple of days (not that they will be around that long, but if they were - they would still be delicious.) Here is the trick, instead of the 3 Tbsp. of butter and one 10 oz. bag of marshmallows that the recipe on the box calls for, use 4 Tbsp. of butter and one 16 oz. bag of mini marshmallows. Keep the amount of Rice Krispies the same - 6 cups. Melt 1/4 c. butter on low heat in a large pot. When completely melted, add entire 16 oz. bag of mini marshmallows and stir. Continue stirring occasionally until completely melted. Remove from heat and gradually add rice krispies. Dump into a buttered 9x13 dish. Enjoy!
* I always get the namebrand ingredients. I'm not sure if that really makes a difference, but they sure turn out tasty! Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. I think Rice Krispie treats alone were responsible for my freshmen 15! I enjoy them way too much! That is a very great tip and I will definitely put it to some great use! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rice Krispies are one of my favorites. Thanks for the tip. I like them soft and chewy!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber